There’s something truly special about bespoke design. The feeling that your home is truly one-of-a-kind. The sort of home that you love to spend time in; the sort of home that makes everyone you know extremely envious.
But is the bespoke approach always worth it? Here’s our guide:
When it comes to aesthetics, it’s hard to argue with bespoke products. They simply have that extra air of class and quality and will nearly always offer that ‘next-level’ look that has passers-by stopping too look.
In terms of shapes and sizes, you are only limited by your imagination. If your priority is for your home to look better and more unique than the neighbours, bespoke really is the only way to go.
Above all, bespoke design means not having to settle for less.
Bespoke doesn’t mean going without
Having the most stylish and unique designed skylight or door is great, but it wouldn’t be half as useful without the standard features that come with the best models.
Of course, with Urban & Grey’s bespoke service, you get a perfect combination of the two:
- High-quality materials. If you’ve read our blog, you’ll already know that we work with the finest manufacturers in both the UK and from around the world. We only use the best and when you enjoy one of our bespoke projects, you’ll continue to enjoy the same quality.
- Outstanding performance. From windows to doors, we always focus on materials and products that actually save our customers money over time. Working with outstanding manufacturers like Origin and Reynaers, we’re able to use products at the cutting edge of our industry: products designed to lower your bills.
- Being bespoke doesn’t mean you can’t be green. As well as focusing on thermal performance, Urban & Grey also believe in products and designs that do their bit for the wider environment. We’ll always work with you to ensure your new doors, windows and skylights operate in a way that benefits everyone as well as the environment.
It would be pointless trying to deny that bespoke projects aren’t more expensive than ‘off-the-shelf’ designs. It’s inevitable that the design will take more time and more man hours, simply because with normal models, that work has already been done.
But that doesn’t mean that bespoke designs are unaffordable: on the contrary, many of our customers are surprised at their project costs.
Costs do, of course, depend on a number of factors:
- The size of the designs. At the most basic level, larger designs mean more materials and – as a result – higher costs.
- The type of materials used. In every type of material – wood, metals, stone – there are a number of different available options, some more expensive than others. The decisions you make on materials can impact the cost: we’re obviously happy to help guide you if you’re a bit unsure.
- The details. Doors, windows and skylights all come with different potential options on things like glazing, finishing as well as extra features. These little touches can impact the overall price of the design.
- The complexity of the designs. Bespoke projects can really vary in terms of how complex they are to plan and pull off. While Urban & Grey are happy to work with customers until they’re happy, the overall challenge can differ in the amount of time it’ll take to pull off. As a result, the cost can vary.
Bespoke doors, windows and skylights: is it worth the approach?
As with any project, it’s largely down to what you’re looking to achieve, as well as what your budget is.
Note: You should always have a firm budget in mind before you start any project.
If you’ve already invested thousands in a dream home, still have plenty of budget left and you believe a bespoke window or door will add that magical final touch, then it’s probably the ideal option.
If, on the other hand, you simply want to upgrade your older square windows to triple glazing and don’t have a huge amount to spend, it will probably be more sensible to go with standard models which will, of course, still be made-to-measure.
Give us a call
Of course, we don’t expect any of our customers to guess how much their project will be. The best thing to do is to give us a call on 020 8003 3731. We’ll be able to work alongside you to ensure your doors, windows or skylights end up absolutely perfect, and we’ll also be able to give you an accurate quote for the project.
The truth is that you’ll never know until you give us a call!